A lot of the writing you will do in the University of Toronto is very very carefully integrated into courses that give attention to disciplinary knowledge in place of from the means of composing. However the University of Toronto additionally supplies a wide array of composing courses, both credit and non-credit, created particularly to assist you develop your writing abilities.
Undergraduate Credit Courses and Products
There are numerous alternatives for undergraduate pupils thinking about taking a structure program:
- The English department on the St. George campus offers two courses on structure. ENG100H1 (Effective Writing) provides practical tools for composing in university and beyond. JEI206H1 (composing English Essays) shows pupils who currently compose effortlessly just how to compose clear, compelling, research-informed English essays. To learn more, begin to see the Arts and Science calendar entry under English.
- TRN190Y (Critical Reading and Critical composing) is just a first-year seminar course provided by Trinity university.
- TRN478H1 (Science Writing for Non-Scientific Audiences) is designed to teach senior-level science pupils in a wide range of composing genres, concentrating on a variety of non-scientific audiences and composing designs.
- Pupils at Scarborough may join ENGB05h2 (Critical Writing about Literature). Go to the UTSC calendar for details.
Pupils can take courses into the after three college programs:
- Innis College’s small on paper and Rhetoric reflects the fact strong abilities in critical thinking and written interaction are central to an education that is liberal. It really is constructed on a foundation of long-standing Innis courses in educational and innovative writing and on more recently mounted courses in expert writing, rhetoric, and news.